Last updated: 2023-12-21
Dialog speech and language technologies AB is a company dedicated to developing and providing technological solutions for language training. This is primarily provided through a digital platform where users can practice their language through exercises in multiple modalities.
In these General Terms of Service (the "General Terms") the following words and expressions shall, unless the context otherwise requires, have the following meanings:
- "General Terms" means these General Terms of Service.
- ”Dialog” refers to Dialog speech and language technologies AB Org nr: 559392-7816
- "User" means the natural person who has registered an Account to use the Service.
- "Service" refers to Dialog's digital platform for language training.
- “Uploaded Content” means images, text, audio, video that is uploaded, generated, or otherwise provided on or through the Service by the Users.
- "Account" refers to the personal User account that the user registers in order to use the Service.-
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means patents, trade marks, service marks, rights in logos, rights in get-up, trade names, internet domain names, rights in designs, software, copyright (including rights in computer software) and moral rights, database rights, utility models, processes, rights in know-how and other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered, and all rights or forms of protection having equivalent or similar effect anywhere in the world and registered includes registrations and applications for registration;.
- “Force Majeure” means Acts of God, explosions, war or threat of war, terrorism or threat of terrorism, actions of the armed forces or government agencies pursuant to war, terrorism or threats thereof, fire, flood, adverse weather conditions, labour disputes, strikes, lockouts or other industrial actions irrespective of where such events occur, shortage of materials or services, detention or holding of goods by any customs authorities or any national or international airworthiness authority, riots or civil commotion, sabotage, earthquakes and natural disasters, acts, omissions, restrictions, regulations, prohibitions or measures of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority.
The agreement between Dialog and the User is governed by the General Terms. The User accepts these terms and conditions by accessing or using the Service. In order to register an Account and purchase a subscription, the User must be at least 18 years old.
By accepting, the User confirms that they have been informed of and understand the content of these General Terms. The General terms apply as long as the User has an active account with Dialog.
- In order to access the Service, the User registers an Account with Dialog. In order to access their Account, registration must be confirmed by Dialog.
- Upon registration, the User is assigned login credentials. The User is responsible for protecting the login details and ensuring that they do not become available to unauthorized parties. The User should immediately inform Dialog if any unauthorized party gains access to the account.
- A User of the Service may deregister their Account by contacting Dialog through the contact details provided in the General Terms, whereby Dialog will handle the User's request without delay.
- Dialog has the right to suspend a User and terminate their Account if the User violates the General Terms.
The Service is a digital language training platform designed for speech therapy where Users can practice their language. The platform also offers functionality to customize and create your own language training material.
You may not do any of the following, unless applicable laws or regulations prohibit these restrictions or you have Dialog’s written permission to do so:
- Upload, display or otherwise provide on or through the Service any content that:
- a. Is libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harassing, hateful, offensive or otherwise violates any law or infringes upon the right of any third party (including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights).
- b. In Dialog’s sole judgment is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using the Service or which may expose Dialog or its Users to any harm or liability of any kind.
- With the exception for actions on behalf of the User directly connected to the use of the Service; User’s may not download, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, duplicate, publish, license, create derivative works from, or offer for sale any information contained on, or obtained from or through, the Service.
- Access or use the Service in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, disrupt or impair the Service or interfere with any other party's access to or use of the Service or use any device, software or routine that causes the same (including viruses and other malware).
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, or the computer systems or networks connected to the Service.
- Circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any technological measure or content protections of the Service.
- Use any robot, spider, crawlers or other automatic device, process, software or queries that intercepts, “mines,” scrapes or otherwise accesses the Service to monitor, extract, copy or collect information or data from or through the Service, or engage in any manual process to do the same.
- Use the Service for illegal, harassing, unethical, or disruptive purposes.
- Violate any applicable law or regulation in connection with your access to or use of the Service.
- Access or use the Service in any way not expressly permitted by these terms.
The User’s usage of the Service shall be limited to a maximum of 10 hours per week in case a single User Account is used by more than one individual. If the account is assigned to a single individual, the usage is not limited as long as this individual is the sole user of the Service.
In the event of misuse of the Service, the User must compensate Dialog for any damages incurred in connection with the misuse. The User is also obliged to compensate Dialog for damages incurred when the Service is used in violation of applicable legislation or the General Terms.
- Dialog does not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
- Dialog does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable.
- Dialog does not warrant that the Service can be used on all types of devices or browsers.
- Dialog does not guarantee that any content that you may provide or use in the Service remains available or stays unchanged over time.
The User agrees that from time to time Dialog may remove the Service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the Service at any time, without notice to the User.
The User agrees that their use of, or inability to use, the Service is at their sole risk. Dialog cannot be held liable for any direct or indirect damages arising from any changes, modifications, terminations or limitations of the Service, or the removal of any content or materials in the Service in any respect.
The Service and all products and services delivered to the User through the Service are (except as expressly stated by Dialog) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
Parts of the Service rely on third party applications to be fully utilized. Dialog is not responsible for any errors and does not guarantee the functionality of third party applications. Any errors in these applications should be reported directly to the provider of the third party.
Dialog reserves the right to amend or supplement these General Terms at any time, without obtaining the User's consent. Any changes will take effect no later than 7 days after the change has been published on the website or in the Service, or if the User has otherwise become aware of the change. The User will be deemed to have accepted the new conditions if the Service is used after this 7-day period.
Dialog owns all intellectual property rights to the Service, including but not limited to images, audio files, design, software, and materials and content generated in the Service. The User is not granted any intellectual property rights regarding the Service or the material generated in the Service. The User is not granted any intellectual property rights to the Service or any of the material created in the Service.
The purpose of the Service is to provide a platform with exercises for practicing language. The Service is not intended to provide medical diagnosis or offer recommendations for medical care or treatment. The ability to improve one's language is influenced by several factors, such as the time devoted to practice, and the individual's specific situation. The Service should be seen as a complement and not a substitute for professional medical advice. For specific advice on language training, Dialog refers individuals to seek professional help.
- Access to an Account requires an active paid subscription to the Service.
- Dialog or the User may terminate the subscription with thirty (30) days' notice for any reason.
- Each subscription shall automatically renew for subsequent periods of the same length as the initial period unless either party notifies the other party in writing of termination at least thirty (30) days before the end of the current period.
- Dialog reserves the right to change its pricing with prior notice (on the website and by email or in the previous invoice). The new prices are used in the billing of the User's next billing period. The User has the right to terminate the Service before the new billing period. Dialog can close the Service if the invoice has not been paid by the due date. Service can be terminated without notice if the payment has not been made immediately after the notice. The opening fee of the closed Service may also be charged for re-opening the Service.
Users expressly release Dialog from responsibility for any delay or failure of performance if and to the extent caused by an event that is not reasonably foreseeable or otherwise caused by or under the control of the party claiming force majeure, such as changes in laws and regulations or in the interpretation thereof, acts of authorities, war, acts of war, labor disputes, blockades, sabotage, terrorism, vandalism, accidents and other like events.
- Assigning rights to third party
- Users may not assign or pledge its rights and obligations under these terms to any third party except with the prior written consent of Dialog. Dialog reserves the right to assign its rights and obligations under these terms without notice to Users or consent by the User.
- Failure enforcing of terms
- The failure of Dialog to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary and the terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and remain enforceable between the parties.
- These General Terms shall be construed in accordance with and be governed by the laws of Sweden, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with these terms shall be finally settled by Swedish courts, with Stockholm’s district court (Stockholms tingsrätt) as the court of first instance.
If you have any questions regarding the General Terms , or any question, complaint or claim with respect to the Service, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org